New Google Analytics: Universal Analytics Integration
- June 10, 2014
- No Comments
Today we released a completely new Google Analytics: Universal Analytics integration for all-in-one tracking of your entire sales process and checkout flow with DPD.
The new integration replaces the old Google Analytics eCommerce integration and manually placing code in the Tracking HTML field of your store preferences.
The old Analytics Ecommerce integration should be disabled and all Analytics tracking code removed from the Tracking HTML field under store Preferences for accurate tracking results.
The new Universal Analytics integration is available for all v2 stores in DPD under the Integrations menu.
Note: Uses Universal Analytics
If you are using Classic analytics code on your website you must update your tracking code to use this new integration. New code is provided by the integration for use on your website.
The New Universal Analytics Integration Will:
1. Place the appropriate tracking code on each page of your cart and checkout.
2. Optionally display the eCommerce tracking fields on the delivery page once for accurate conversion tracking.
3. Allow you to accurately track referrals, traffic sources, and campaigns.
4. Allow you to accurately track and visualize your goal funnel.
5. Provide you with the necessary Universal Analytics tracking code for you to place on every page of your website to enable cross-domain linking and accurate tracking.
Complete instructions, including how to create goal tracking funnels and more, are in the Knowledgebase entry for Google Analytics: Universal Analytics Integration
Other minor updates / bug fixes in this release:
- Fixed bug with cancel url to paypal integration
- Pass through any hoplink params to the target url
- Fixed support desk code when unauthenticated / passing of registered emails/usernames
- Improved product caching for speed improvements and space management
- Fixed validation on purchase refund form
- Updated cart lightbox code to new responsive version