- January 7, 2019
- 2 Comments
Last week we
warned told people that we were releasing a totally redesigned admin and today we made good on our threat promise!
After hours of annoying database updates and migrations and a bunch of boring stuff that nobody really cares about we’re happy to share that the upgrade is complete and live!
We thought about showing you a bunch of screenshots of the new admin, but you can just log in and see it for yourself! Instead, here are some tips to help you get acclimated to the new layout:
New Admin Navigation Tips
The new admin has a simplified main navigation and we’ve reduced the 25+ items down to logical “modules” for each section. All the modules follow the this same design pattern:
- Primary action button and secondary action menu on the module “index” page
For example, to do anything with a product (create, edit, delete, get button code, copy, import, whatever) go to Product in the left menu, then either do the primary action on the page (create new product) or select your secondary function (like FTP import) from the menu at the top of the page. Or, open the product and do all existing product related functions there.
We’ve consolidated store options that used to be in the theme and sprinkled around DPD in to two main menu items- Store Setup (store name, URL, contact emails, etc.) and Checkout which handles everything that used to be in theme, cart text blocks, store logo, policy pages, error pages, up-sell and cross sell text, etc. No more digging through 20 pages to find options!
Where did __________ go?!
We’re going to try to answer a few of these right off the bat to save everyone time!
- Switch Store, Add new store —> Change Stores link at the top of the page
- Add new product, FTP import, bulk edit products, deleted products —> Product page, menu at the top right
- Purchases —> Orders
- Import Customers, export customers —> Customer page, menu at the top right
- Preferences Page —> Settings / Store Setup
- Policies Page —> Settings / Checkout
- Affiliate Options —> Affiliate menu item, store and global settings
- Checkout Setup —> Settings / Checkout
- Email Templates —> Settings / Store Emails
- Theme —> Settings / Checkout
- Individual page checkout settings —> Settings / Checkout
Having Trouble or want to give Feedback?
We’re in the process of updating all the KB articles and tutorial videos with the new admin, so if anyone has any questions on how to find anything or has any issues please yell at our support team via live chat or support ticket- they’ll be happy to help!
We welcome any and all feedback, good or bad. Please drop us a line, send us a chat, or leave us a comment here. We’ve already received a few suggestions and we’re going to do our best to tweak things to make them easier for everyone!