- February 23, 2018
- 1 Comment
One of the biggest things you can do to improve sales and give a professional appearance to your information products is have a great cover / product photo for your downloadable product. In the case of ebooks or PDFs, this means you need a cover you can use on your website, on your product in DPD to be shown in the cart and customer portal, and when marketing your product. In this post we’ll go over some options for creating covers and show you a simple workflow to create your own.
Continue reading Making Great eBook Covers on a Budget
- September 29, 2014
- 1 Comment
This weekend we released a major update to the PDF stamping system as well as tweaked a few settings for vendors.
PDF Stamper – Faster, Leaner, use Any PDF Version
We have upgraded our PDF Stamping / Buyer Tracking system to be faster and use less memory on our server for each stamp operation. This means we can reliably stamp larger PDF files than our previously published 30MB recommendation. Our new recommended maximum file size is 75MB. If your file is larger please test to make sure we can open and stamp your PDF.
We have also improved our PDF version support- we now support any PDF version, although you should always test advanced features added to PDFs (Reader Extended, Forms) before offering your product to the public. We do our best to support everything, but due to the million different combinations of features its hard to guarantee compatibility with every PDF.
Always preview your PDF or send yourself a free download before offering your product to the public! If the preview link on the setup page doesn’t load the PDF correctly then your PDF can’t be opened or stamped for some reason. Consult the KB for PDF stamping or send us a support request to take a look.
As always, to stamp a PDF we need an unencrypted (unsecured) PDF uploaded to DPD. You can optionally encrypt the PDF after stamping in our system if you must delver them encrypted. You should be aware though- most mobile devices can not open encrypted PDFs.
Other tweaks and improvements:
- Upgraded the manage key codes page to allow for selecting and deleting multiple keys at once.
- Updated DKK currency to DKr
- Added ability to force shipping address collection even if products or tax/shipping rules do not require it.
- Tweaked Google Analytics integration to properly track purchases that go to pending (such as e-check payments) instead of being activated immediately.
- Other small backend improvements to speed and deployment performance
- Added #support-message ID to the support message on the delivery page so it can be hidden or styled with your theme’s custom.css