Feb 15 2012 Update: PDF Stamping Enhancements!
- February 15, 2012
- No Comments
We’ve just released another update (two days in a row!) that adds some much requested options to the extremely popular PDF Stamping / Buyer Tracking feature.
Vendors can now:
- Enable or Disable Stamping / Buyer Tracking on PDF products
- Customize the stamp text using available merge vars outlined in our KB article
- Set the Tracking Page Limit (for if you only want to stamp the title pages, etc.)
- Set the Font Color to make the text stand out or blend in
- Set the Font Size – from 6pt all the way up to 20pt!
- Set the X and Y position of the stamp to put it right where you want it.
On Y and Y Positions
The X and Y positions are specified in points. There are 72 points in an inch.
The new X and Y positions can be tricky- every PDF has an “origin” that the X and Y coordinates offset from. For most Portrait 8 1/2″ x 11″ pages the origin is in the bottom left corner (and the default stamp is x20, y10 putting it just up and over so it appears in the bottom left corner) but for other page sizes, landscape layout, and non-default page sizes it could be in the bottom right.
To help you figure it out and get it just right we’ve also added a preview link where you can open your PDF and see the stamp exactly where it will appear when buyers purchase it. You might have to fiddle with it for a bit to get it right, but the preview means you can rapidly check where it’s printing and adjust in no time.