Jun 7 Update: Bulk Coupon Creation, Squashed a few Bugs
- June 7, 2013
- 7 Comments
Today’s update brings a often requested feature enhancement and fixes a couple minor bugs uncovered by vendors.
Bulk Coupon Creation
Previously we’ve had vendors who wanted us to create many single use coupons to give away as promotional items, in exchange for payment in offline settings like conferences, etc. We’ve always been happy to create these manually, but it was a time consuming process that required a developer to manually insert them in to the database, making the vendor wait.
Well, no longer. Vendors can now create multiple coupon codes with the same settings by inserting multiple codes, one per line, in the coupon creation form.
Once you submit your multiple codes, we’ll show you a confirm page for you to double check and make sure that everything looks ok before they’re actually created.
Bulk coupon codes are useful for a number of different scenarios- Offline sales at conferences or in person, promotional giveaways, email and physical mail promotions, etc.
Tip: If you need random codes generated for your coupons try Random Code Generator
Other Changes and Bug Fixes in this Update:
- Added coupon to Sales Notification
- Added merge vars for subscription information on invoice
- Sped up best seller query on dashboard to address load speed issues
- Fixed text display showing raw HTML on affiliate TOS
- Fixed Short description label for combo create (used to just say “Description” which was inconsistent with product creation)